16 Şubat 2010 Salı

mixed conditionals

Examples:

PAST PRESENT

•If I had won the lottery, I would be rich.
But I didn't win the lottery in the past and I am not rich now.
•If I had taken French in high school, I would have more job opportunities.
But I didn't take French in high school and I don't have many job opportunities.
•If she had been born in the United States, she wouldn't need a visa to work here.
But she wasn't born in the United States and she does need a visa now to work here.

PRESENT PAST

•If I were rich, I would have bought that Ferrari we saw yesterday.
But I am not currently rich and that is why I didn't buy the Ferrari yesterday.
•If Sam spoke Russian, he would have translated the letter for you.
But Sam doesn't speak Russian and that is why he didn't translate the letter.
•If I didn't have to work so much, I would have gone to the party last night.
But I have to work a lot and that is why I didn't go to the party last night.


very good websites to practise mixed conditionals;

http://www.englishpage.com/conditional/conditional10.htm

http://www.learn4good.com/languages/evrd_grammar/Mixedconditionals.php3

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder